Changing the MAC Address..
On kali linux:
1. Open your terminal, and type
ifconfig | grep HWaddr
You will the original MAC address
2. To temporary change our MAC address, we need to turn off the network interface first by running this command
ifconfig eth0 down
3. After that we can configure the new MAC address
ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:00:00:00:00:02
you can change the MAC address using this hexadecimal format XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX
4. Now we can turn on the network interface again.
ifconfig eth0 up
5. And the last we can check again our MAC whether it’s change or not.
if we follow until this step, MAC address will back to default after we restart our machine. Go to next page to view how to change MAC address permanently.
6. Kali Linux was built based on Debian. In Debian all the network interface was located on /etc/network/interfaces.
7. We will configure the /etc/network/interfaces. In this tutorial I will use pico text editor, but you can choose any of your favourite text editor.
8. Now we will add one line of script to change our MAC address permanently
pre-up ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:00:00:00:00:02
9. If we want to restore the default MAC address, just add the # sign in front of script in step 8.
#pre-up ifconfig eth0 hw ether 00:00:00:00:00:02